Friday, March 26, 2010

Last of the Big Time Satans

All right, so it turns out that the reason the comments aren't coming through to my email is because when I set up the subdomain, I apparently had to do a few crazy extra steps with pointing DNS numbers to my various mailboxes. What's odd is that I knew in advance that adding a CNAME might cause problems with my email, since the same thing happened with Noah's site when he tried to create his own subdomain. I was able to fix that on his site - his host had a really straightforward tool for digging through all of that. My host did not, and Google was (of course) mum on the topic. Thankfully, my host (StartLogic) is always good about both fixing stuff and walking you through stuff over the phone, so as soon as I realized what the flashpoint was, it got cleared up tuit suite.

I promise that this will be the last of the 'Moving of the Rambler Technical Notes' entries, but I actually found all of this pretty fascinating. Since that was the last technical hurdle to overcome, I'm declaring Rambler 3.0 officially launched, and I'm going to go now and put a new skin on it, since it's way overdue for one.

I don't know if the Search feature will come back any time soon - I'll keep checking on that and post when it's available. In case I wrote something in 2008 that you're just dying to re-read or email to somebody, let me know and I'll mail you a link.

Thanks for sticking with me on this.


No comments: